Thursday, July 11, 2013

OW!

So, crazy me, I decided that it would be a good idea to do both the 30 day ab challenge and the 30 day squat challenge, to strengthen my knees, at the same time.  As with most ab workouts, I barely felt the ab stuf this morning, but BOY do I feel the squats! My thighs are telling me just how not happy they are.

After looking at the ab challenge chart, I thought, day two, 20 sit ups, 8 crunches, 8 leg lifts, and a 12 second plank.....that's not that hard, I could do that at least a couple of times today.....ow again!  Not to mention, the floor in my office is hard, carpeted it may be, but theres no padding between the carpet and the concrete, i'm sure.  The sit ups, crunches, and leg lifts aren't so bad, but the person who thought that planks would be a fun ab workout.....EVIL.  It's only 12 seconds, but it feels like forever! The 30 day requires a full 2 minute plank.  I know it's a long way off with lots of practice, but right now, I'm not sure if that will even be possible in 30 days.

Anyways, I'm through 2 sets of the day two work (minus squats, saving those for the end of the day, after dancing) and the second set was much harder than the first.  One more day and I get a break day (yay).   I'm really hoping this helps with my strength and weight loss goals.  I swear I heard my scale laughing at me this morning as it announced that I had somehow gained 2 pounds since yesterday.  I know, don't weigh yourself every day, I don't worry too much about every day weight, I only record it once a week, but my scale is just mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment