Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Starting again

So I've been fluctuating over a measly 5 pounds for months now.  I know that watching the scale doesn't mean much, but it's so frustrating!!!  I'm ready to hit this hard.  One of my friends posted a 30 day ab workout on Facebook this afternoon and I decided that I'm going to build up my strength.  I'm not going to let this injury stop me from getting healthy.  I am tired of being this overweight.

Now the stress of work and of trying to find a new place to live certainly aren't helping, but I'm starting new, healthier habits beginning with my snacks at work and continuing with what I eat at home.  I think that writing about my struggles will definitely help at least with venting the frustrations. 

I know that this is a struggle many women go through, and as I sit here in front of the TV, waiting for the fish for dinner to defrost, I am going over how I'm going to keep this up.  I consistently do the same thing, get healthy for a while, then my will power breaks and I eat some candy or sweets of any sort and then, it all goes out the window, I'm all over junk food for a week and have regained those 5 pounds.  I have the worst sweet tooth and resisting sugar is horribly hard for me.  It's even worse considering that at the end of the month, I have to submit my entries for the Ventura county fair which means my apartment will contain a plethora of sweet and tempting treats.  It is going to be hard to resist. 

I really don't have anything more to say other than whining about how I want sugar and I shouldn't eat it, so I'm going to end this here as I really don't want to whine to everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment